Saturday, January 9, 2010

Dust off that sewing machine

I'm aching to get my sewing machine out again. It's been quite awhile since I've sewed anything. For a time I was on a stuffed animal kick and made this bunny from Wee Wonderfuls for a friend of mine.  I didn't really keep sewing after that though because I didn't know what to make. I've always wanted to tackle a quilt. Not anything fancy, just a simple block one. That'll have to wait though.

After window shopping on Etsy for awhile, I found an amazing shop called Kekya Lou that sells some of the cutest purse patterns. I purchased her curvy clutch pattern last night and can't wait to make it. It might be a little more advanced for me but I don't mind taking on something a bit difficult.



My mom was always a sewer and I remember her teaching and helping me on her old Singer machine when I was little. When she was a teenager she even made some clothes for herself, something I can't imagine doing. Making a dress would be fun though. Hmmmm, maybe one day. I'll definitely post about my attempts to make this little clutch. I can't wait!

No comments: